The Inflation Reduction Act and You - and Missoula
We finally have meaningful Federal Climate Policy and we're thrilled!
We believe the Inflation Reduction Act is historic, imperfect, and transformative. It's a catalyst, will reduce greenhouse gas emissions, inspire action around the world, help Missoula Electrify, and more. We're thrilled with the new funding to support electrifying homes and businesses, set 30% tax credits for roof top solar, and help for low- and middle-income folks to buy electric cars. Check out our infographic below, and keep scrolling for more info and details. Check back as we add more in the months ahead!
Wondering what you can take advantage of today? We LOVE the new calculator and information at Rewiring America. Plug in your household's information to see what you're eligible for, or scroll down and explore. Many of your questions are answered there. It's awesome!
Be sure to bookmark Electrify Missoula, your go-to resource for going electric, where we'll share updates about rebates and incentives as we learn more.
Quick IRA links:
There's so much information to share! Peruse these pages and stay tuned for updates as we learn more:
Heat pumps are awesome and we're working to make them available to everyone!
Here's some of our favorites reads/listens/watches:
David Roberts has 2 great takes on the IRA:
We also LOVE this YouTube video from Missoula's own: Hank Green Talks About – The Biggest Deal in Climate History Almost Didn’t Happen
And we like the recap and information from the tireless folks at Evergreen Action.
The Matters of Degrees podcast is out with a new mini-series and the first episode is all how individuals can Electrify and the IRA sure
helps: “What Can I Do?” Part 1 — The Personal. It's a great listen in how what you can do can drive the systemic change we need.
The House (right) can be found at whitehouse.gov/cleanenergy.
On that site you can click on the blue circles and learn more. It's pretty nifty!
Here's where you step in:
- Click on those buttons above and see what you can do in your home or with a business or nonprofit - if we all take advantage of the IRA, it will drive the big systemic change we need to combat the climate crisis.
- Consider writing a letter to the editor in support of the IRA.
- Get involved in local and statewide elections so we have more climate leaders in 2023 and beyond. Help those candidates who are climate champions - or promise to be!
We can always advocate for climate policy
It's always a good time to speak out for climate solutions. You can write letters to the editor, get involved in election campaigns for those who support climate science and action, send an email to the Governor about how you would like to see Montana take action, or speak to your friends, neighbors, and local representatives.
- Write a letter to the editor - these are read by elected officials.
- Share your climate concerns and stories with us - email to get started.
- Create and share ART that speaks to a resilient community.. Remember eARTh without art is just eh....
- Hug your kids and neighbors, and smile at strangers.