November 2017 December 2017 January 2018 February 2018
Vision for the Manufactured Home Rehab Project :
Climate Smart Missoula has partnered with Neighborworks Montana on a pilot project designed to weatherize/rehabilitate manufactured homes in the Missoula area. By providing services such as air-sealing doors/windows, energy efficient LED lighting and roof insulation, we envision recipients of the program improving energy efficiency, reducing cost of energy, and improving health and well being in the home. The project is targeted at filling the needs of vulnerable low income individuals in the Missoula community.
A few goals for the pilot project include:
- Develop a home assessment tool and process that works in accordance with the Human Resource Council home assessment tool
- Develop a workable weatherization training that can be replicated and has long term viability
- Train at least 10 volunteers in manufactured rehab services.
- Develop the capacity to implement manufactured home rehab services for an estimated 35 units in the Missoula area.
- . Enable better coordination of existing efforts and resources in manufactured home rehab.
The Manufactured Home Rehab project is just in its initial design stages. A committee comprised of community partners is hard at work drafting a project plan and time line. Much more to come !
If your interested in this project and want more information, please contact our Energy Corps member, Energy and Climate Coordinator - Max Longo
Phone: c- 757-645-8471 o- 406.926.2847